How can you tell when the honeymoon is over? What are the signs? And is there anything you can do to keep the honeymoon stage from ending too soon? Add your advice and insights.
honeymoon is over
- When he parts for the day without a physical embrace of any kind.
- —Guest winnie
Kim K AND THE K KLAN
- THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF LOSERS AND THE WHOLE THING WAS PLANNED FROM THE START.
- —Guest Roger M of Cambridge
- i don't think it's over until both agree it's over. The little things can make or break a relationship but don't get stuck on the period.
- —Guest dlh
- I don't know when it is over. My wife and myself have only been married for 29 years.
- —Guest VicW
Keep the sizzle and not the fizzle
- We've been married almost 31 years and there is still the fizzle. We have date nights, we hold hands, always say, "I love you" several times a day and the sex just gets better. We do little things for each other, etc. Is you feel it's fizzling, do something to put the sizzle back into the marriage. :)
- —Guest Donna N.
Honeymoon is over...
- when he ignores your birthday and does not care that he hurt you.
- —Guest Sally
When excuses are always at hand
- The honeymoon is over when there is always an excuse why lovemaking is not a priority anymore and when more than a month has gone by with hearing those excuses.
- —Guest no one
Honeymoon was never there at all
- We did have one honeymoon in Hawaii. I loved that jerk. It is over, thank god!!!
- —Guest cyndi thornton
It's over when
- he buys you cleaning supplies for a Christmas present.
- —Guest Mary B.
- The honeymoon is over when he calls home to his Mother to see "how she is."
- —Guest amy
The honeymoon is over when...
- The honeymoon is over when you're not thinking about him every waking minute and texting every second.
- —Guest Sea J
- When sleep takes priority over sex, laundry over cuddle time, grocery shopping over hand holding...when romance is reserved for your birthday.
- —Guest justme76
Never...for some of us
- I don't know about anyone else. But I experienced all of those things during my first marriage. Now that I'm on my second I have to say, we have two toddlers and they don't shake things up for us. We still "go to bed" together every night and we are always doing little things. He keeps me alive and I would say I do the same for him. So if you're asking when the honeymoon is over? I say never....
- —Guest Tina
- When it goes like this: "Pass the sugar, sugar. Pass the honey, honey." And ends with: "Pass the tea bag..."
- —Guest carol guest
The Honeymoon is Over
- The honeymoon is over when there is no more extreme love and caring, the way it used to be.
- —Guest mrsumar