Yikes! Valentine's Day is right around the corner -- and you still need a gift. Any of these last-minute Valentine's Day gifts is likely to be appreciated by your significant other -- and he or she will never have to know that you waited until the last minute to pick them up.
Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts You Can DownloadWhen surveyed, couples say the best Valentine's Day gift they could receive is a trip together. If you can't get away, give a gift of sweet anticipation. You can purchase Travel Gift Cards & Certificates online to great hotels, restaurants, even luggage. Print your purchase, slip it into a card with a big red heart and a personal message of love, and you'll be rewarded now — and again when you travel together.
Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts You Can Make 1-2-3Got a printer? Great! Go to Valentine's Day Love Coupons and start printing. A color printer is ideal but not essential. The first of the love coupons is intended as a cover for you to personalize, and the rest go underneath.
The last Valentine's Day coupon is blank. Customize it any way you like (such as an IOU for an all-inclusive vacation). Print out extras as needed. Present all these last-minute coupons together, stapled neatly in a booklet or tied with a pretty ribbon, and your sweetheart will be thrilled.
Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts to Buy OnlineIf it's too late to buy a gift you like online that will arrive by Valentine's Day, purchase an electronic gift certificate instead. Companies that offer eGift Cards include Amazon, Target, Apple iTunes, and Barnes & Noble.
Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts to Pick Up on the Way Home from WorkAvoid the lines at the florist, the department store, and the chocolatier, and dash into one of these stores for unconventional Valentine's Day gifts instead:
- At a Toy Store - Pick up Twister, the Milton-Bradley game that's fun for all ages. And even more fun for adults.
- At Home Depot - Pick up an elegant dendrobium orchid, potted and ready for Valentine's Day giving.
- At Walgreen's - Pick up massage oils and body chocolate (available in four flavors) in the Valentine’s Day aisle.
Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts for WomenEven if you select them at the last minute, gifts that bear a big red heart are sure to melt hers. Some ideas:
- Heart-shaped locket
- Heart-shaped picture frame, with a picture of the two of you
- Heart-shaped, red-satin box of chocolates
- Heart-shaped candies that say "I Love You"
Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts of DesperationQuick items to grab and go:
- Stuffed animal from stationery store
- Book of love poetry
- Store-bought book of love IOU's
- Heart-shaped cake or cupcakes from supermarket or convenience store.
Even if your gift is acquired last minute, your thoughtfulness and generosity will be appreciated and the good feelings will last long past Valentine's Day. Just don't forget to include a Valentine's Day card — no trip to the store necessary.