Wondering where to go for the best vacation experience in November or December? Most of the northern hemisphere is heading toward winter. That's good news for skiers, but those who prefer a warm-weather vacation will have to travel south for balmier temperatures.
In the USA, the last weeks of November and December are peak travel periods because of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. So it's wise to book vacation flights, hotels, and cruises far in advance and, if at all possible, avoid traveling during holiday weekends.
- Year-round, the weather's usually perfect in Hawaii.
- Somewhere around the world, every month of the year, a cruise ship is sailing some place wonderful.
Beat the Crowds
- Try your luck in Las Vegas, which clears out during family holidays, then goes into overdrive New Year's Eve.
- Many resorts and cruises are childfree during the first two weeks of November, before schools break for holidays.
Not the Best Time to Visit
Despite its popularity as a honeymoon haven, Bermuda is no place to visit in the winter. It's cold and windy and there's not much to do until the weather warms.
For Cold-Weather Lovers
- Before You Plan a Winter Getaway
- Hot Places to Go When It's Cold Outside
- Winter Ski Resort Vacations
Check Another Vacation Month