Couples heading for the Riviera Maya have a wide choice of hotels. These hotels range from small, informal places with fewer than a dozen rooms to luxurious all-inclusive hotels with every amenity one could desire.
Larger Adults-Only Riviera Maya HotelsWhat all the following Riviera Maya hotels have in common is this: The hotels are restricted to adults age 18 and over.
Holding more guest rooms than boutique hotels and offering greater services and facilities, some of these adults-only Riviera Maya hotels are all inclusives. Other hotels are clothing-optional, as noted:
- Maroma Resort - Belmond hotel voted no. 1 beach in the world by the Travel Channel and named to Condé Nast's Gold List multiple times
- Royal Hideaway Playacar - Beachfront all-inclusive AAA Four-Diamond hotel
- El Dorado Maroma - intimate all-inclusive Riviera hotel with 15 spa treatments for couples
- El Dorado Royale - Riviera Maya all-inclusive with casitas that front a winding river
- El Dorado Seaside Suites - 133-unit all-inclusive hotel
- Hidden Beach Resort - Clothing optional Riviera Maya hotel
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya - Deluxe all-suite property with excellent cuisine
- Mosquito Blue Hotel - Design matters at this hotel in a private orchard setting
- Ceiba del Mar - Riviera Maya spa resort hotel
- Desire Resort & Spa - Hedonistic hideaway hotel with nude beach
- Paraiso de la Bonita Resort - Riviera Maya spa resort that belongs to The Leading Small Hotels of the World group
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun - Luxury all-suite, all-inclusive Riviera Maya hotel.
Small Riviera Maya HotelsYoung couples and those on a budget visiting Riviera Maya - as well as those who prefer simpler lodgings - may appreciate a laid-back vacation at the following small hotels:
- Azulik - Beachside villas; hotel's for adults only
- Cabañas Copal Hotel Tulum - Rustic, candlelit eco-hotel with 47 jungle cabanas inland from the Riviera Maya
- Hotel Deseo - Fifteen rooms
Riviera Maya Hotel Complexes
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso Hotels - Cluster of four luxurious all-inclusive Riviera Maya hotels
- Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe - Upscale resort within a five-hotel complex; children permitted