The Bottom Line
- All rooms come with sexy outdoor showers and indoor tubs
- Gorgeous beach, garden, dining and reception venues for weddings or special events
- Impeccable service from a sincerely attentive, and good-natured staff
- Rocky beachfront requires special shoes (or calloused feet) for easy ocean fun
- Lackadaisical housekeeping in guest rooms (broken furniture, eaten minibar snacks)
- High local temperatures may limit outdoor activities
- 22+ acres, 89 rooms, 31 suites in “Mediterranean-Mexican” style décor, with garden, ocean or beach front views
- butler service, 24-hour room service
- three infinity pools with Jacuzzis, private cabanas available for rent
- private beach club, with attendants bearing amenities such as cool sprays and smoothies as well as drink/food service
- three main dining options: the Mexican-themed Las Marietas, California-style organic bistro Sea Breeze, high-end Carolina
- lobby bar Altamira has views of the ocean horizon
- 10,000 square foot Remède Spa has two couples’ treatment rooms and a private Deluxe Spa Suite
- over 2600 square feet of event space; the Astor Ballroom holds up to 100 guests
- gym, scuba diving, whale watching, Punta Mita Tennis Center, canopy and nature tours available
- two par-72 championship golf courses (“Pacifico” and “Bahia”) designed by Jack Nicklaus
Guide Review - St. Regis Punta Mita
For destination wedding seekers, specialists help coordinate menus and style the event. Remède Spa offers bridal packages/wedding day services and a spa suite for couples but no private, shared relaxation space after a treatment. Pity, because the single-sex relaxation areas are sexy and sumptuous.
The resort's three main dining options and expansive menus sate a wide variety of palates and lazy lovers may take advantage of 24-hour room service, delivered by butlers.
Which brings us to accommodations. Bathrooms are the highlight, with outdoor showers and standalone tubs flanked by candles. Unfortunately, our deluxe suite came with a cracked glass table (that wasn’t removed the next morning despite our request), a previous guest’s empty snack wrappers in the mini-bar, and balky wireless internet. These were disappointing oversights for a brand that prides itself on being meticulous.
St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Lote H_4, Cond. Maestro Ramal
Carretera Federal 200, km 19.5
Punta de Mita, Nayarit 63734
Tel: (52) (329) 291 5800
Hotel Web Site
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodation and meals for the purpose of reviewing those services. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.