The onsite staff of wedding coordinators at Kona Village = help couples to arrange memorable weddings at the resort.
Unique locations include two small islands spanned by gracefully arching foot bridges and a picturesque beach spot with unobstructed views of the ocean and amazing Kona sunsets. Additional possibilities include the unique black sand beach and dramatic lava rock promontory or a park-like lawn setting.
Kona Village has several wedding packages. The standard one features:
- Wedding Ceremony Site
- Marriage License- offered on-site
- Ceremony by Licensed Officiate
- Kona Village Resort Wedding Coordinator
- Professional Photographer- 50 4x6 photographs- includes 2 photo sites
- Traditional Hawaiian Lei for Bride
- Traditional Hawaiian Lei for Groom
- Wedding Cake for Two
Celebrations for Same-Sex Couples
While same-sex marriages are still not legally recognized in Hawaii as of this writing (2006), the state does permit legal unions for same-sex couples with many of the rights and responsibilites of marriage under the laws of the state.