If you've ever dreamed of checking into a hotel and finding a chilled bottle of wine, two glasses, and a bouquet of fresh roses waiting for you, you're a good prospect for a romance package.
Couples traveling on a honeymoon or arriving to celebrate an anniversary are typical romance package consumers. It's not uncommon for friends or family to arrange a romance package for them ahead of time as a gift (and sometimes as a surprise).
It's also not unusual, when planning a seduction, for one partner or the other to order a romance package in advance.
What Does a Romance Package Consist of?
A romance package can be as simple as a bottle of sparkling wine you receive at check-in or as elaborate as a menu of delights that includes side-by-side massages, limo transportation, and a candlelight dinner for two served in a scenic, private spot.
While every property decides individually what to include in a romance package, these are among the typical amenities offered that set the stage for love:
- Room or suite with a view and upgrade when available
- A chilled bottle of wine or champagne with proper glasses
- Fresh flowers in the room
- Chocolate assortment or chocolate-covered strawberries
- Aromatherapy bath for one (or two, if the bathtub is big enough)
- Candelight dinner for two
- Bed covered in rose petals at turndown
- Breakfast in bed for two
- Late check-out
What Does a Romance Package Cost?
It depends. Sometimes a hotel or resort attaches an extra fee to an overnight rate to cover the elements of a romance package; other times their cost is bundled into a higher price for the accommodations.
Can You Create Your Own Romance Package?
If you'd like to pick-and-choose amenities from a standard hotel package, contact the hotel directly to make your requests. For instance, a teetotaling couple can ask to have sparkling cider or another beverage substituted for the alcoholic vintages.
You can also make a stay more romantic without involving the hotel. These are some of the ways to personalize one:
- Bring a card or a small gift to leave on the pillow
- Up the ante: make it a poem or love letter that you've written
- Cover the lampshades with scarves
- Light a subtly scented travel candle
- Pack K-Y products (compare prices) to delight both of you
- Bring a CD or iPod with your favorite music for lovers on it.