~ WEEK 7 OF TODAY THROWS A WEDDING ~
This marked the halfway point in the show. Here's a recap of what the audience has chosen for the couple's destination wedding thus far:
- Destination: Cap Juluca, an award-winning resort in Anguilla in the Caribbean
- Wedding Rings: Neil Lane's classic narrow diamond-pavé band for her and classic milgrain style for him
- Bridal Gown: Monique Lhuillier V-neck, goddess-style couture gown made of silk chiffon and with a graceful handkerchief hem.
- Bridesmaids' Dresses: J. Crew silk, empire-waist, V-neck, coral-hued gown
- Wedding Announcements: Creative Intelligence Paper passport booklet with gold-leaf foil printing. Inside is the invitation and a replica of a 1631 map of the British West Indies. Celebrity customers: Jennifer Aniston & Brad Pitt.
AND IT WAS TIME TO VOTE ON...
"A tuxedo would not be appropriate on an island," opined The Today Show's men's fashion expert. "The groom should look as if he hopped off a private jet." Buddy's dad and three ushers will wear a variation on whichever outfit is selected. The audience was treated to some masculine eye candy in the form of models who displayed the following choices:
- #1 - Ryan Kenny white head-to-toe outfit, featuring an updated guayabera shirt worn with the sleeves rolled up and the shirt tails out.
- #2 - Kenneth Cole tan suit, no tie, and pale coral-colored shirt.
- #3 - Brooks Brothers Navy cotton flat-front pants with the cuffs rolled and a sky blue shirt and ribbon-striped belt.
- #4 - John Varvatos Hollywood-cool wrinkled jacket with ivory cotton pants and a pale striped shirt.
Do you know that it is traditional for the bride to give the groom a wedding-day gift?
Gifts for Grooms
~ WEEK 6 OF TODAY THROWS A WEDDING ~
The Today Show gave the audience a look at Nikki and Buddy's long-distance romance, having them read aloud some of the emails they sent one another while Buddy was stationed in Iraq. They also showed footage of his return, when Nikki met him at the airport and gave him a big welcome-home kiss.
IT WAS TIME TO VOTE ON...
Destination Wedding Invitations
An editor from In Style magazine discussed trends in wedding invitations. She stated that choices are more creative than ever now, with couples having a wide choice of colors, papers, unique folds, and embellishments. She advised couples to allow two months for customized invitations to be made.
For a destination wedding, she pointed out there are fewer rules as well as a need to include more information for guests who will travel to the destination. Later she said that it was more traditional to send the invitation first, then follow up with an information packet for guests who replied that they would attend. The follow-up would then include detailed travel information, including the activities planned around the event and where to stay at the destination. She advised that destination wedding invitations be mailed 8 to 10 weeks prior to the event.
The Today Show audience had to choose from the following destination wedding invitations:
- #1 - Love Luck and Angels Off-white card with bamboo bi-fold sleeves. Customers include Hollywood celebrity party-givers.
- #2 - Shwamy Creations Horizontal invitation resembling an airplane ticket. Other designs have been featured on The View and In Style magazine.
- #3 - Stacy Claire Boyd Striped, pastel color invitation with separate card pockets for the invitation, travel info, and a personal message. Other designs have been featured in Better Homes Weddings magazine.
- #4 - Creative Intelligence Paper passport booklet. Inside is the invitation and a replica of a 1631 map of the British West Indies. Celebrity customers: Jennifer Aniston & Brad Pitt.
BRIDESMAIDS' & FLOWER GIRL DRESSES CHOSEN
The Today Show audience selected a silk, empire-waist, V-neck, coral-hued J. Crew gown ($180) for Nikki's three bridesmaids to wear at her destination wedding. It will be paired with a lighter colored flower girl dress for Addison, the bride's five-year-old daughter, to wear. Some 214,000 votes were cast for this choice.
FOR MORE ON PREVIOUS WEEKS...
>>> Go to next page of Today Throws a Destination Wedding
FOR INFO ON THIS WEEK ON THE TODAY SHOW...
<<< Go to page 1 of Today Throws a Destination Wedding