The Bottom Line
If you're planning a trip to Paris and want to make the best use of your time, consider getting a Paris Pass in advance of the trip.
- Great for couples who intend to do a lot of sightseeing
- Bundles transportation and admissions
- Price is in US dollars and materials are in English
- Available in advance of your trip
- Helps with planning
- Expensive, if you don't plan to use all of the features
- Limited to two-, four-, or six-day usage
- Pass may only be used once at each attraction
- Small type in guidebook
- Passes are delivered in a handy plastic pack
- An excellent way to acquaint yourselves with the city and make the best use of your time
- Guidebook also includes information on museum hours and free attractions
Guide Review - Get a Paris Pass
The Paris Pass contains multiple elements that make it valuable to visitors:
- Paris Museum Pass - provides access to some 60 museums and monuments. Having the Paris Museum Pass, which you can purchase separately, not only gets you in the door; it may also enable you to enter without waiting on line. For instance, when we visited the Musée d'Orsay, Paris Pass holders were welcome to enter through a separate door. Note: Some museums offer free admission; major ones such as the Louvre, Musée d'Orsay, and Pompidou Center have an entrance fee that the Paris Museum pass covers.
- Hop-on Hop-off Tour Bus Pass - the best way we know to get our bearings in a new city, the distinctive red tour bus ("Les Cars Rouges") navigates through Paris, stopping at nine major points of interest:
- Eiffel Tower
- Champ de Mars
- Notre Dame
- Musée d'Orsay
- Champs Elysées
- Grand Palais
- Paris Visite Pass – the Metro is the cheapest, easiest, quickest, and most efficient way to get around Paris. Included in your Paris Pass is a ticket good for free unlimited travel in Zones 1-3 (central Paris) using the Metro as well as on the RER, bus, tramway, SNCF Transilien suburban trains, Montmartre funicular railway, Montmartrobus, Noctilien, and Optile network buses.
- Paris Attractions Pass – free admission into tourist experiences that include a bateaux river cruise along the Seine, wine tasting, tour of the Paris Opera House, and five more activities.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary services for review purposes. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest.