So many places, so little time, how do you pick a place to vacation together?
Difficulty Level: easy Time Required: n/a
- Agree on a time when you can both focus on your upcoming trip.
- First thing do do when you sit down together: Decide on a budget.
- Then figure out how long you can get away.
- Choose whether to fly or drive. (Based on that, you'll also know whether you want to travel domestically or internationally.)
- Do you prefer a hot climate or a cool one?
- Mountains or beach?
- City or country?
- Large, full-service resort or private enclave?
- List outdoor activities you both enjoy or want to learn.
- Understand that you won't agree on everything.
- Based on the elements you do agree on, you'll have a profile
of your ideal trip.
- Bring a map or atlas to the table.
- Be frank about how you like to spend your free time.
- Keep in mind that you'll have many more vacations together
after this one, so be willing to compromise. A little.
- Are You Honeymoon Compatible?
- 10 Top Spots
- Destination Inspiration
- 50 U.S. States of Romance
- Europe for Romantics