Even if you only have a day, pack the most fun into it!
Time Required: 30 minutes
- When you make reservations, tell the clerk you're on your honeymoon. You never know what extra goodies you'll get.
- Find out what time check-in is. Ask if early check-in is available. (In most cases, if you show up around 11 am and you ask nicely and your room is available, the hotel will accommodate you).
- If you can't check in early, ask the hotel to hold your luggage for you — and go out and see the sights.
- Find out what the facilities are in advance.
- If there's a pool, bring suits.
- If there's a spa, reserve treatments before you arrive.
- Make dinner reservations before you arrive.
- Order breakfast in bed from room service the night before.
- Request late check-out.
- Cuddle up and order a movie to watch together after dinner.
- Miss the ending.
- If the visit was a good one, join the hotel's frequent-guest club.
- If the visit was great, write a letter of thanks. They'll want you to come back soon.
- Many hotels overcharge on phone calls. If you have to make several, use your cell phone or a pay phone.
- Leave the terry-cloth robes where you found them. Otherwise you're likely to find an unwelcome charge on your bill.
- Use automated check-out if the charges listed on your bill are accurate.