Your first night as a married couple after the wedding may be different from the way you imagine it.
Time Required: all night
- Accept the fact that wedding nights are perfect only in the movies.
- In most cases, you're either going to be exhausted from the wedding or totally wired.
- Neither is the best state of mind for the best sex of your life.
- So take the pressure off yourselves.
- Shower and change into comfortable clothes.
- If it feels right to you, and you still have out-of-town friends around, invite them to your honeymoon suite.
- If that's the craziest advice you ever heard, ignore it.
- Order room service.
- After the food and drink arrive, slip the "do not disturb" sign on your door.
- Share with each other the high points of the wedding, and what you remember most.
- Present a small wedding night gift to each other (see below for ideas).
- Arrange a wake-up call if you need to catch a flight.
- Don't rush things. Start with a massage, perhaps.
- If you don't plan on starting a family immediately, plan in advance for the birth control you'll use.
- And if the sex isn't the greatest thing you ever experienced, don't fret. You've got a lifetime to perfect it.
- No children. Anywhere.
- You'll remember this evening for the rest of your life, so make an effort to make it special.
- Candles, a subtle fragrance, music you both love can enhance the occasion.
- Even if you usually sleep in a T-shirt or naked, consider wearing something special to bed on this night.
- Remember, it will NOT all be over in the morning.