How to write a love letter. Learning how to write one isn't difficult. Once you gather your thoughts and follow these simple steps to express the way you feel in a love letter you'll know how to do it.
Time Required: 1 hour
- Here's how to start: Clear your desk and your mind of distractions. If you love someone enough to craft this letter, he or she deserves your full attention.
- Place a picture of the one you love in front of you.
- Put on your favorite music.
- Take out your best letter writing stationery and pen.
- On another sheet of letter paper, make two lists: a) the unique qualities you love about him/her; b) how you hope you future together will play out.
- Personalize the love letter salutation. "Dear ___ ," or "To my darling _____," are both fine.
- How to make it unique: In the body of the love letter, begin by telling him/her what you think makes him/her so special. List at least three different qualities of the one you love in the letter, ideally emotional, physical, and spiritual ones.
- In the following paragraph of your love letter, share your hopes and dreams for the future you can have together.
- Personalize the closing of the letter. "I will love you always," "Loving you forever," "My heart is yours," are all good possibilities.
- Don't forget to sign your love letter!
- Spray the love letter with a light fragrance.
- Address, seal, and stamp the love letter.
- Wait a day before you send your love letter; you may change your mind.
- Drop the love letter in the mail, and look forward to the response.
- Don't mention anyone else but yourself and the addressee in the love letter.
- Make sure you only send a love letter to someone who will appreciate it.
- Pick out a special stamp for your love letter at the post office.