What love potion will you be pouring when you're in the mood for love? Try a Valentini, the pink-tinged martini cocktail designed to bring out the passion. This recipe yields 12 drink servings.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Gather Valentini cocktail martini ingredients: Currant-flavored vodka, champagne, raspberry schnapps, lime juice.
- Currant-flavored vodka brands that you can use in a Valentini cocktail martini include Absolut Kurant Vodka, Kremly Black Currant, Cristall Black Currant, Georgieskaya Black Currant Vodka, and Danzka Currant Vodka.
- Into a martini shaker filled with chipped ice, combine 2 1/4 cups of currant-flavored vodka...
- Add 1 1/4 cups of champagne...
- It's okay to use an inexpensive champagne in a Valentini cocktail martini such as Freixenet. If you like things on the sweet side, substitute an Asti sparkling wine.
- Pour in 3/4 of a cup of raspberry schnapps...
- DeKuyper, Hiram Walker, Tambourine Mountain, Teichenne, and Phillips all produce raspberry schnapps.
- Add 1/4 of a cup of freshly squeezed limes.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain ingredients.
- Pour Valentini cocktail into martini glasses.
- Garnish Valentini with a lime sliver or edible rose petal.
- Toast one another, and take a sip of the drink.
- Repeat steps 13 and 14.
- Know your limit, and don't exceed it.
- Don't drink and drive.
- Use this recipe year-round for seduction.
What You Need
- Currant vodka
- Raspberry Schnapps
- Martini Shaker
- Rose Petals