By creating a honeymoon registry, engaged couples have a place to direct wedding guests who ask "What kind of gift would please you most?" A registry that you set up, choosing all the elements of a trip that you want, enables wedding guests to buy a travel experience as a gift rather than housewares.
If you already have most of the necessities to feather a nest, or neither of you have much interest in domestic acquisitions, or you're not even sure you can afford to travel after the wedding, signing up for a registry could ensure you get what you really want.
Honeymoon registries generally work by allowing a couple to select elements of their honeymoon (airfare, hotel nights, meals, tours, sports, spa treatments, admissions, spending cash) that friends and family may buy for you in increments as wedding gifts.
Many travel agencies also provide travel registry services.
As with anything else, you need to be a smart consumer when choosing a honeymoon bridal registry. The last thing that you want is to have the value of your gifts eroded by a high "service fee" that can reduce your take by as much as 15 percent. That means before your honeymoon, you typically receive a check for the total gift cash contributions minus the company's percentage, which could represent a considerable loss to you.
Here are some questions to ask when choosing a honeymoon bridal registry:
- What does it cost to register?
- Are there other fees involved?
- Do you deduct anything from the price of gifts?
- What services do you provide?
- Is your business a travel agency?
- Do you help customers announce their registry?
- In what form do we receive our registry gifts and when?
- Can they be redeemed for cash?
- Do you notify us every time a gift is purchased?
- Can the registry be integrated onto our wedding Web site?
Online Honeymoon Bridal Registries
- Sandals Honeymoon Registry - free registry lets you select accommodations at the Caribbean's leading all-inclusive resorts plus a private candlelight dinner on the beach, off-site excursions, a couples massage, and more.
- Disney's Honeymoon Registry - Choose from a variety of experiences at Walt Disney World Resort hotels, aboard Disney Cruise Line ships, or at a Disney Vacation Club Resort.
- Royal Caribbean Honeymoon Registry - free registry where guests may purchase everything from a honeymoon package that includes cabin decorations to meals, onboard spa treatments, internet access, casino credits, and on shore excursions for the bride and groom.
- The Honeymoon - online travel agency with sliding service fee scale.
- The Big Day - no signup fee or setup fee. Deducts a 9% service charge.
- Aruba Honeymoon Bridal Registry - free service for couples who choose Aruba as their honeymoon destination.
- Hyatt Gift Registry - registered couples receive a Hyatt Gift Card (US, Canada, Caribbean) or Hyatt Check Certificate (good worldwide) for the full value of gifts selected online by invitees.
- Marriott Gift Registry - free, with a choice of 2700 Marriott hotels around the world
- HoneyLuna - online since 1995. Charges a fee to join plus a 15% service fee.
Free > Plan Your Honeymoon Newsletter >
Next page > An Adventure Travel Honeymoon Registry >