The Most Luxurious Hotel Bathrooms, Red-Hot Room Service, Ultimate Adventure and More Featured in Modern Bride Magazine's October/November 2003 Issue of The World's Best Honeymoons
NEW YORK/PRNewswire/ -- Sun and sand continue to be the romantic backdrop of choice for newlyweds according to Modern Bridemagazine's Seventh Annual Survey of the World's 50 Best Honeymoons, an expert poll of travel agents across the U.S. Hawaii ranked #1 for overall honeymoon spot followed by other beach destinations including Mexico, Jamaica, Tahiti and Bermuda. According to the survey, the top 10 honeymoon destinations are:
Hawaii fulfills just about every type of honeymoon desire, no matter what the priority for love-struck travelers, by ranking in the top ten for romance, beaches, affordability, snorkeling and diving, trendy locales, sexy ambience, food, adventure and nightlife.
Other top destinations that ranked #1 [in specific features]include:
- Colorado for "Winter Sports"
- England for "Culture"
- Costa Rica for "Adventure"
- Tahiti for "Seclusion"
- Las Vegas for "Nightlife"
- Mexico for "Affordability"
- Italy for "Food"
- Jamaica for "Sexy Ambience"
- Cayman Islands for "Snorkeling & Diving"
The Modern Bride magazine survey uncovers the details of 50 destinations to help couples choose the perfect place for a honeymoon retreat and offers travel agents' top picks for newlyweds looking for the best in travel bargains, secluded hotels, natural settings, and outdoor adventure.
Couples looking for five-star touches will want to consider these hotels for their honeymoon:
Ultimate honeymoon suite
1. The Overwater bungalow, Bora Bora Lagoon Resort
2. The Plunge-pool suite, Sandals, St. Lucia
3. The Bungalow, Mauna Lani Bay Hotel, Hawaii
4. The Tree Camp suite, Londolozi Private Game Reserve, South Africa
5. The Honeymoon suite, Four Seasons George V, Paris
Most luxurious bathroom
1. Four Seasons Resort, Hualalai, Hawaii
2. Caesars Pocono Resort, Paradise Stream, PA
3. Cap Juluca, Anguilla
4. Anse Chastanet Resort, St. Lucia
5. Maroma Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya, Mexico
Ultimate resort for seclusion
1. Bora Bora Lagoon Resort, French Polynesia
2. Vatulele Island Resort, Fiji
3. Peter Island Resort, British Virgin Islands
4. Little Palm Island, Florida Keys
5. Hotel Hana-Maui, Hawaii
Honeymoons account for a $7 billion-a-year industry, with newlyweds spending an average of $3,719 on their honeymoon according to the Conde Nast Bridal Group Infobank. A recent ModernBride.com survey asked readers how they would spend an extra $5,000 - $10,000 on the wedding and 65% said they would spend it on their honeymoon.