Jutting into the Atlantic Ocean, Spain and Portugal (and tiny Andorra) share the Iberian peninsula. The two major countries have different languages, different governments, and different cuisine. What they do have in common are long coastlines and magnificent cities. Explore some of their most romantic places for couples:
- Discover Romantic Portugal
- Pousadas - historic inns in the countryside
- Palacio das Cardosas in Porto, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Barcelona, metropolis on the Mediterranean
- Madrid - the InterContinental hotel jetsetters made famous
- Salamanca, Avila and Segovia - World Heritage Cities
Photo © Portugal Tourism.