A well-known honeymoon choice, Aruba is one of the few islands considered "safe" during hurricane season: Closer to the Equator than other Caribbean nations, Aruba hotels enjoy high occupancy year-round as they are believed to be outside the hurricane zone.
Honeymoon couples and other romantics vacationing between June and November can have a degree of certitude that an Aruba trip won't be a washout.
Choosing Hotels in Aruba
Aruba has two main categories of hotels: low-rise hotels, which primarily cater to Europeans on a honeymoon or vacation, and high-rise hotels, which American tourists favor. What Aruba lacks, however, are notably stylish and high-end hotels, such as Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons hotels. There are also limited attractions beyond the beach, gambling, shopping, and dining out. Couples seeking a conventional Caribbean beach vacation may find the following suit their needs:
Low-Rise Aruba Hotels
- Bucuti Beach Resort (pictured) for couples only, Bucuti Beach is low-key, tasteful, and romantic
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort one of Aruba's Dutch-European hotels, across from wide Eagle Beach
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino right in the center of Oranjestad, the capital, the Aruba Renaissance encompasses both city and beach hotels
- Hyatt Regency Aruba (beach palapa pictured) favored by many vacationers as one of the top hotels on Aruba; recently upgraded
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino the only Aruba hotel with dedicated honeymoon suites.
Aruba Honeymoon Bridal Registry
Aruba Tourism makes it easy for couples to have a honeymoon on this windswept tropical island by offering an all-island online destination bridal registry. Find out more about the Aruba Honeymoon Bridal Registry.